the shawl cardigan




cardigan: american apparel // blouse: joe fresh // jeans: gap // necklace: unknown (gifted) // boots: jeffrey campbell // bag: 3.1 phillip lim x target 

It's no secret I live in a pretty chilly place, not only is it chilly but it's like this for about 6 months out of the year (yes that is a fact). When you live somewhere so cold you tend to accumulate quite the collection of sweaters (much to my boyfriends dismay haha). I usually go for the same kind of sweater like a classic cable knit but sometimes you find something special. That was the case when it came to this sweater from American Apparel. I haven't worn it in a while since getting it last year and I don't really have an excuse for it but it probably has to do with the million I already have and it got lost. Since rediscovering it, I haven't been able to take it off because of it's blanket quality. It's what I like to call a socially acceptable blanket to wear out in public! haha and what's not to love about that?

Be sure to check out this week's Fashion Magazine Style Panel  post on sweaters! 15 of us share our style tips on wearing them!


Shop My Look Here

9 comments

  1. By this point, I have a sickening amount of sweater's accumulated and I love it. This one is fantastic, such a great piece and looks so good with the jeans and button down!
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got that cardigan too and I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much love for this look. That cardigan is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want this amazing shawl! It looks so cozy :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this combo, you look amazing! Miss you, bud!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am jealous, I want your shawl cardigan. Love your lipstick colour too!
    Great outfit! :D


    Google + / Twitter / Bloglovin / Check out BASI


    Cassandra | Backtofive
    http://backtofive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hear ya, I live in the prairies too and I'm all about sweaters and layers this time of year.
    Your cardigan looks warm and oh so comfy but still stylish and chic at the same time. Great boots by the way! And great outfit!

    xo, Jackie
    www.stylemydreams.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This oversized cardigan is AMAZING, and you totally pull it off! Love the grey color too!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the oversized shawl cardigan!

    http://kacieskloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

© melanie liliana
Maira Gall