picking the right transitional pieces


top: zara (old) // pants: zara // shoes: aldo // necklace: club monaco // 

The weather is changing here in the Wild West. 
The days are becoming shorter, the mornings are a bit crisper and the evenings have a chill in the air. Summer is definitely coming to an end and I'm quite sad about it. Don't get me wrong, I love fall and all the fashion it brings but summer is just too short here in Calgary. 

With summer coming to a close I've been trying to build up my fall wardrobe. August/September is kind of a weird time, it's sort of summer some days and sort of fall other days. It's important to pick pieces that can work for both. These pants are great, they're thinner so they work for the weather right now but also work for fall with the colours. I can totally picture wearing these with a chunky sweater or a turtleneck tucked in with boots. 

Seriously though, where has August gone? I can't believe it's almost September! 

How do you pick transitonal pieces? I'd love to know your tips!

Thanks for visiting :) 


1 comment

  1. Jean dresses, or shirt dresses, then I wear tights when cooler!

    ReplyDelete

© melanie liliana
Maira Gall